Missing 14-year-old found safe, Amber Alert cancelled in N.L.
Police believed girl had been abducted
Police in Newfoundland and Labrador have cancelled an Amber Alert, saying they've been able to locate a missing 14-year-old girl and confirm her safety.
The girl, who was last seen on Friday at 11:30 a.m. on Thorburn Road in St. John's, was believed to have been abducted. The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary first issued a press release early Saturday morning to say she was missing.
On Tuesday, police said she might be trying to flee the province for New Brunswick "with assistance from an unauthorized adult."
Thursday's Amber Alert said police believe she has been abducted, by someone known to her, but not to police.
About eight hours after the initial alert was issued, police sent a press release to all media outlets saying it had been cancelled. The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary did not say if anyone had been arrested.